Thursday, October 27, 2011

Injury status - I do have a Haglunds bump

I got the scan done, had it interpreted by my sports physician. The guy is really good, seems to have my best interests at heart.

The diagnosis is that I certainly have Haglunds syndrome, but it is apparently one of the best scenarios for such a condition. I have minimal if any tendon involvement, and the pain is from Bursa inflammation. The Haglunds bump may not even be involved in the Bursa inflammation, it could simply be too much running and not enough recovery.

My treatment is Cortisone injection in left heel, if that helps do the other one. And then physio for the next 6 to 8 weeks. From then on, gradual intro to running.

Very much looking forward to getting back to some running again. Will update when I have had the injections. Apparently they hurt a bit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment