Friday, October 16, 2009

Unplanned 3km TT

Date: Fri, Oct 16, 2009 6:54 PM
Avg Pace: 04:11 min/km
Distance: 3.00 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16349400

I decided I needed to do a time trial to get a handle on pacing. My training schedule has been totally disrupted, so it could not hurt any.

I did 12:32 for 3km tonight. The second best I have done. Heart rat was elevated compared to that run too, but only slightly. Considering the poor training I have been doing, I think I am doing ok. The RPM classes are holding my fitness and possibly improving it.

In this run my pace was more consistent - 4:04 for the first lap, 4:03 for the second. I turned around to do the last 1km lap, so that slowed me a bit. Ended up with a 4:23 in the last lap.

I also did my best ever 10km race last Sunday, averaged just under 4:30min/km. So I am heading in the right direction.

Given some decent training I feel I will make some big improvements. Looking back on my blog, I was at a good peak at around August 6 and got sick. From then, I hurt my knee pretty soon after, and I have had little chance to improve. I am determined to look after my body and run for the long term, so I will rest appropriately when ever injuries are present.

No comments:

Post a Comment