Friday, February 6, 2009

Planned run 8x 300m hills with jog recovery

Date: 5 Feb 2009
Time: 39 minutes 35 seconds
Distance: 4.8 km Apprximately
Approx Speed: No point
Average Heart Rate: 152
Google Ped: No point, too short a distance


The training program I follow is from the Gold Coast Marathon Training Diaries. I am doing the Intermediate to Advanced Summer Program right now. This is supposed to prepare you for entering the 20 week Half Marathon training program which prepares you for running the Half Marathon. The 20 week program will be available from 16th Feb 2009 from the Gold Coast Marathon Training Diaries section..

This week I am doing the increased work load of :

Tuesday 35 minutes run
Wednesday 8x300m hills with jog recovery
Friday 35 minutes run
Sunday 50 minutes run

I actually missed my Wednesday 8x300m hills because I had been working all day in my garage, lining the ceiling, putting up cornice and a man hole. I was too shagged to run so I did the hills run on Thursday ( last night ).

The hill I have chosen is a very easy one, but the 8 x repetition gets me in the legs. I can do 6 and feel reasonably fresh, then the last 2 begin to hurt a little more.

So far no aches or pains or specific injury. So feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment