Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Planned run 3km TT

Date: Tue, Sep 1, 2009 7:11 PM
Avg Pace: meh
Distance: meh


After failing to record the first 1km or so the next 2km :
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/12380743

Run back to the car, increased pace gradually:
http://connect.garmin.com/player/12380937

I failed to start the timer when I took off for this 3km TT. So I missed about the first 1km or so. I certainly went fast and probably did around 3:40 pace.

As a result of going too fast too early, I did not do a quick pace for the last 2km. I am also a little sore from hard weekend running and not sleeping properly. I expect I would do a better 3km TT if I was fresher and ran it in a more thoughtful manner....

I ran back to the car ( 1.8km or so) and gradually increased pace - the last 800m or so was at 4:20 pace. It felt much better than the first timed 2km I did a few minutes earlier. I also realised again that I can carry a 4:20 pace using a different running style, and much more economical too - I was using more thigh muscles and running 'higher' in the first 2km. The run back to the car I ran lower aand simply used more glutes, and increased leg speed rather than springing. It was something I had realised before I got sick a few weeks ago and I was more thoughtfully doing the speed sessions - and made good improvements. SO I re-learned.

An economic running style and a good pace is possible, I should start out slower and gradually ease in to the pace I am aiming for. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment