Sunday, August 22, 2010

Planned run 2hr10 - did 2hr25

Date: 22 Aug 2010
Time: 2:25:30 min
Distance: 28.06 km



http://connect.garmin.com/activity/45544853

I seem to be back on rack now. I have had a couple of injuries in the last few months, and they have compromised my training a little. Last weekend I should have done a 3hr run, but pulled up at 2hrs as a precaution. My right foot was beginning to hurt. I had an easy week, a 3km TT and a 1hr10 mid week run. I skipped the speed session ( 10x30second) Friday as I was too shagged.

Today the right foot was no problem at all. And all other niggles were no problem, so that is a good thing. In the run, I tried to stay at around 5:10 pace for the irst 1hr30, and did that ok. Then I picked up the pace and did 6 sub 5min km's in a row (5 of those were sub 4:50min/km). I slowed again to an easy pace at the 2 hour mark and cruised for the last 25 minutes.

I did fade in the last ouple of km's, but not too badly. I thing that if I had stuck to a 5:10 pace for the first two hours I would have been pretty fresh at the end. My first 3hr run in th lead up to the Memlbourne Marathon is next week. I will take that one really slow, 5:10-5:15 pace, and if I am able to I will try to put some sub 5min/km speed in the last few kms. Based on how I felt today that is unlikely ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment