Friday, May 21, 2010

Planned run 1 hour 20 minutes

Date: 20 May 2010
Time: 1:22:16 min
Distance: 15.85 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/33998207

I am finally back from work trip. It was altogether an ordeal. Too hot to run at all in Saudi Arabia, even at night!! The Gym at the Hotel was useless, a few free weights and a broken stationary bike. So I could not even do some strength work or a spin session.

I am hoping that the cold I got will be the last one for the year for me, and I will have nothing else leading up to the marathon. Considering the last decent _planned_ run I did was 19 days ago, this run was ok. I certainly lost some condition, and the run was quite hard - I felt aerobically ok, but just did not have the strength in my legs. I write this the next day, and I have muscle soreness that has not been present after a run in a long time!!

Pace was slow, deliberately slow so as to ease into the running again. Overall a satisfactory return to proper training.

No comments:

Post a Comment