Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Planned run 6 x 500 metres with 1 minute standing recovery

Date: 25 May 2010
Time: 15:20 min
Distance: 3.26 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34497310

Decent speed session considering how sore I am. I have returned from travelling for work, when I missed 19 days of planned runs - I managed to get a little bit of running in that time, but ended up with 7 days straight no running at all.

When I returned, I did a 1hr20 run straight up, then a 50min run the next night ( Friday last week). Then I did a really tough 3hr run Sunday. I had Monday off, and went to the gym last night Monday. That all added up to very sore legs!

I worked out steadily at the gym, easy weights on these 'Smart Strength' machines. I like them because they are smooth. There are a collection of 10 of them, each working all the muscle groups, including legs. I worked legs much harder than anything else.

I also did 15min on a cross trainer machine, set on 'Round the World' and maximum effort setting 25. It is a good strength/aerobic work out with no impact.

I have a 1hr20 run tomorrow, I might see if I can do that a little harder than I have recently, depending on how my legs are tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment