Monday, September 9, 2013

15km near ST Lucia University of Queensland

Did 15km in hilly terrain, also fairly hot. The hills worked me harder than I usually do in a longer run. Ran from Queensland Uni out along the river, past the the St Lucia Golf Links and the Indooroopilly Golf Club, to Sit John Chandler Park. Grabbed water and returned.

I have done 45km total for the week, exactly the total I want to manage regularly for the rest of the year. No niggles to complain about, but I am slightly flat from the work load.

For tomorrow, I plan to do 2km easy, 5x500m fast, then 2km easy, and 5x500 again. The rests will be 1min standing. I want to practice 3:55min/km pace, I want to nail that quite precisely in the first set, and try to pick up the pace slightly for each one in the second set. Gym Wednesday, 8km easy Thursday plus 12x30 fast. An easy gym run Friday and ParkRun Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment