Saturday, September 7, 2013

Wynnum ParkRun 7 September 2013

Did Wynnum ParkRun this morning - following a fastish 5km TT yesterday. According to my watch I ended up with an identical time, 20:44 for 5km distance yesterday and today. Its good to followup and do the same pace again the next day.

I feel I have maybe a little bit more pace in me right now, but having run three days in  row now, plus gym I am a little tired. It is looking good for something better in two weeks time at the Wynnum Twilight Half Marathon event, I am entered in the 5km race.

This weeks training I plan on a longer run tomorrow, hopefully about 1hr40, gym Monday, 5km easy and 10x500 fast on Tuesday. Gym Wednesday, 8km Thursday plus 12x 30 fast, Gym run Friday .. The week after, gym Monday, 8km easy plus 12x30 fast, gym Wednesday, Thursday 8km easy plus 10x30 fast, no run Friday, and race on Saturday afternoon.

My goal is well under 20min. The question is can I do it ?  I feel like I paced well this morning, but was not at all fresh. I did not go all out, but did bounce around near my pace limit, and backed off ever so slightly:

1km 4:05
2km 4:02
3km 4:10
4km 4:12
5km 4:11


I am _real_ close, and I think 4min/km pace is almost exactly my limit right now :)

Oh yeh, I have clocked up 701 km on my Hoka's now. They are holding up just ..

No comments:

Post a Comment