Thursday, June 25, 2009

Planned run 60 minutes

Date: 24 June 2009
Time: 61 minutes 8 seconds
Distance: 12.897km
Approx Speed: 12.65 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 156
Google Ped: route


Reasonably quick run, managed a good average speed. Heart rate was elevated too. This is the second last long run before the race in a week and a half. Right knee held up ok this time, but it is still aching.

Seems like I will have the carry this knee problem. I think it is definitely overuse related, rest and gradual distance/workload build up should overcome it. Hopefully the 'taper' training schedule will allow me to run the half marathon race without breaking down. My goal of 100 minutes is probably out of reach now, but I usually run much faster in the road races, and I am getting faster. SO we shall see.

Another speed run on 26th, and a long 80 minute run on 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment