Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jetty to Jetty 10km Race Redcliffe

Date: 18 July 2010
Time: 42:04 min
Distance: 9.95 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/40788978

Finally got a 10km race in. After 6 months of marathon training I managed to get a personal best for 10km distance by 1min 32seconds. Previous best ( in training ) was 43:46min.

I ran within myself, and did not feel like I could push that hard - also the hills knocked a little out of me. So I think given a flat course and a good day I could go fast. Considering I have been doing marathon training and not specifically speed for 10km races, its a great result.

The race was great too, nice location, excellent weather, and really well organised. The only problem was I had to walk across the start line because of all the bunnies at the front of the start.

If anyone ever reads this and is not a competitive runner, please consider the faster runners and make some room!!! If you are not going to run at the front don't start at the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment