Thursday, July 1, 2010

Planned run 10 x 30 second speed with 30 second jog recovery

Date: 1 JUly 2010
Time: 10:00 min
Distance: 2.44 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38763235

I took it ever so slightly easy on this run, did not to the limit at all. Ended up doing an overall pace a fraction slower than the best ever session of this type I did in April. This is a good sign. Legs are good, and I feel quite strong.

Things were looking a little perilous last night - Yesterday I woke with bad headache and skipped the run I had scheduled in the morning. Began to feel better later in the day, and so did the run in the afternoon.

Last night I began to feel bad again, and a sore throat. I took some paracetamol and a vitamin supplement, soluble, and went to bed. Woke this morning feeling quite ok. So I think I dodged a cold!

So now, two days off and the race. Not really nervous yet. But I will be.

As far as pace is concerned, given the recent form and the good shape I am in right now, I see no reason not to pace off at an optimistic goal for the race. Sub 4:40's I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment