Sunday, April 4, 2010

Planned run 2 hours

Date: 4 Apr 2010
Time: 2hr00:39min
Distance: 23.13 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/28904961

Been sick all day, stomach pain and headache. With monotonous regularity I am suffering this illness. I think I will go to the doctor this week, as this is quite ridiculous. One week feeling good, the next this consistent illness. Sometimes bad like now, some times just a hint of it. And rarely simply feeling 'good'. After the run I felt quite bad too, elevated temperature, etc. Took two paracetamol and rehydrated.

Anyway, I ran this one at the right pace according to my training pace review, at 5:12min/km average pace. Last 2 hour run I did 4:57min/km and heart rate 140. This run, 5:12min/km and heart rate 134. Nice and low, indicating an easy pace.

I tightened up at around 20km tonight, and I felt quite bad after 18kms. Hips felt really sore. I think that this slower pace leads to a different running gait, and I got sore in a different way to usual. Maybe this slower run will help me in my survival pace. I definitely feel better running slightly faster.

Woke next day, felt much better. Headache and stomach ache gone. Also I weighed 74.3kg's this morning. That is the lightest I have been in at least 10 years. I don't seem to be dehydrated at all either, all signs show I am ok there. Pretty sure that January I weighed around 78kg's. So I am approaching racing weight. I could lose maybe 1kg more.

No comments:

Post a Comment