Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: 20 Apr 2010
Time: 50:10 min
Distance: 11.04 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30611845

A good faster 50 min run this AM. I took off slow, and built up tempo gradually. Threw in 2 kms in a row faster at about 4:11min/km pace at the 7th and 8th. Then just held pace to get home. Good average speed of 4:32 according to my timer. Heart rate was good at 148 average. Elevated during the faster pace km's at 160 or so. As soon as I backed off HR went back to 157.

My heel and Achilles twinged slightly at the beginning, but came good quickly. No pain at all during the greater part of the run. The heat treatment must work.

I have 2 50min runs this week, one tomorrow and one on Friday, I plan to do NO fast running in those, 5min pace all the way.

It is great to be abl to follow up on my farthest distance run of 28km 2 days ago and do such a fast run. I felt good, slight muscle soreness but that is it. I anticipate that I will be a bit sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment