Sunday, April 11, 2010

Unplanned run 5km race

Date: 11 Apr 2010
Time: 20:42 min
Distance: 5.04 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/29626941

I entered a 10km race this morning, but I was yet again having a stomach problem. I took off in the race pretty fast, doing the first 1km in 4:03, and the second in 3:57min/km. The third one I started to get a little more sensible at 4:11 .

I started getting bad stomach / gut pains at the 4th km, and slowed a little more. Felt a rather dire need to get to a toilet in fact, which is not what you want in a race. So I decided right then to do the 5km, and get to the toilet!!

Thankfully, the system BRR's uses allowed me to swap to the 5km race instead of the 10, and I got to a toilet just in time.

I did the last 1km in 4:01min/km or so. This is the fastest 5km run I have ever done. It would have been nice to get the 10km race done as I need to prove my speed over a greater distance, but my 5km pace is a good sign anyway.

SO yet again I felt ill on Sunday. Bahh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment