Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 6:58 PM
Avg Pace: 04:49
Distance: 10:58km


http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10046858

This run follows my first hill session 'done properly'. I ran for about 9.2km on that run, exactly half that distance uphill. Ended up doing the distance in exactly 45minutes. Todays run I did almost exact 51 minutes, at an average speed of 4:49min/km. The total distance 10.58km.

I felt like I struggled at about the 6km mark, felt quite tired there. But managed to maintain a decent pace. The route I took is one I often use, and the return lap has me doing a couple of light hills. I seem to have better strength these days, the hills used to stop me in my tracks, where as now - while I don't really power up the hills - I do run them without much of a problem.

I notice that the hill running an speed runs seem to raise my expectations a little, so I end up running with elevated pace and work a little harder.

No injuries at all, just _very_ tired after running two days in a row. Rest day tomorrow, and a 15min effort run Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment