Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Planned run 1 hour 40 minutes

Date: Sun, Aug 23, 2009 5:24 PM
Avg Pace: 05:06 min/km
Distance: 18.77 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/11813102

Quite a hard run, fatigue in legs hit me in the last few kilometres. My lungs are now a whole lot better, heart rate almost down to normal, and I was able to take the hills at the beginning of the run quite fast.

As I said in an earlier post, I think the first thing to go when you are unable to run is endurance, and so my long run has suffered. Hopefully I will get all my long runs in before the next Half Marathon on September 19 and be in good enough condition to give it a good shot.

I have lots of speed runs to do this week, starting with and 8 x 500 metres with 1 min recovery. I am aiming for 3 min 30 sec pace, but based on past efforts I am likely to go at 30.40 . Realy hot afternoon at the moment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment