Thursday, August 27, 2009

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 6:40 PM
Avg Pace: 04:40 min/km
Distance: 8.52 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/11913987

Went out fast in this run, did not really intend to do that. Just felt right at the time. I made an effort to slow on the return lap. Ended up doing the fastest average speed ever for a training run.

To put it in perspective, the fastest average for a distance run I have ever done was in the Gold Coast Half Marathon I did on July 5th 2009. I did 4:40, and have not matched that pace in a training run until this.

I was quite sore from a combination of the Sunday 18.77km run and the 8x500 metre speed session I did the day before this run. Also, lungs are getting there, estimate 90% of capacity now since the flu I had a few weeks ago. Considering I am not at all fresh and I still have a minor cough it is a great pace. I think I have the ability to do a genuine 4:30 pace for 8 and 10km distance if I taper and rest a day or two. Possibly even faster looking at the fact that I averaged under 4:30 pace for the first 4km's of this run, and forced myself to slow down.

It looks like the speed sessions I have been doing are paying off quite well. I need to keep up the schedule and push hard in a race to see what I am able to do. Next race is Mooloolaba HM, and then a 10km in Brisbane Oct 11. Then a 10km run at Byron Bay Oct 25th. I expect personal best times in all three judging from progress recently..

No comments:

Post a Comment