Thursday, August 20, 2009

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 6:25 PM
Avg Pace: 04:53 min/km
Distance: 8.45 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/11515837

Planned to do 50 minutes, but pulled up because I felt crap at 41 minutes. Pace was even at about 4:50/km. I am a little concerned that I am running and still unwell. A sure sign of the stress is the elevated heart rate, getting to around 168-170. Compared to previous runs of same distance and pace, it is much higher than usual. I assume that I am having trouble breathing and getting oxygen thus heart rate increased to compensate.

Anyway, I have a rest day today (thursday) so hopefully will get another chance to recover before the next run. I rate myself at about 55% to 60% still for lungs. Legs are in good shape, although I have DOMS ( delayed onset muscle soreness ) caused by 11 days with no activity and suddenly running again. It is not too bad at all.

I am really looking forward to full recovery after the flu. I am still undecided whether getting back into running now is a good idea or not considering my health. I feel that my chest and head is clearer as a result of running, I am not distinctly feeling worse because of the running, so it must be doing good :) Just that the conventional wisdom says that you should never run while sick..

I have a 40min run Friday and a 1hr 40 on Sunday, spaced out with rest days in between, hopefully that is enough to recover some more. Been dosing up on vit C, taking the anti-biotics, and supplementing with pro-biotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment