Friday, April 10, 2009

Planned run 2x2km with 90 second standing rest

Date: 10 April 2009
Time: 9 minutes 12 seconds
Time: 9 minutes 36 seconds
Distance: 2.1274 km x 2
Approx Speed: 13.87 kmh 13.29 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 160-170
Google Ped: route

Went out last night and had a few drinks, so I am slightly hung over. Went to dads place and had a good seafood lunch too, so am a little heavy!!. I also have a slightly sore throat - I will be very annoyed if I come down with a cold after being ill recently.

So this all adds up to a slightly flat day for me running wise. 2 x 2 km speed. I took off quite fast and managed to maintain that for the first 1 km - had a quick look at my watch and saw that I had done the first 1 km in about 4 minutes 10. The second 1 km I tightened up a lot and slowed down, finishing the 2 km in 9 minutes 12 seconds.

The second 2km felt a lot slower but I ended up doing 9 min 36 seconds, so not that much slower at all.

It was a reasonable pace considering I was bit flat. I can certainly go faster, and need to really hit the speed runs hard in future to get the best out of them. No specific injuries troubling me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment