Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Planned run 3km time trial

Date: 14 April 2009
Time: 13 minutes 15 seconds
Distance: 3.0107 km
Approx Speed: 13.59 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 156
Google Ped: route


Compared with my last 3km trial, I went slightly faster this time. I was a little bit sore from my 80 minute run two days ago and feel like I should be able to go faster. I feel need to improve my speed, so will work a little harder on the speed runs.

I haven't done any hills at all since I began this 20 week program - the one session I had scheduled in the program so far I was too ill to do them. I think hill reps will help a lot with speed/strength and the next one is week after next. This week I have a 50 minute run tomorrow night, and I have a 10x30 second speed with 30 second jog to recover. I will hit that one hard.

No injuries troubling me at all apart from the slightly sore legs from my last 80 minute run.

No comments:

Post a Comment