Sunday, April 5, 2009

Planned run 80 minutes

Date: 5 April 2009
Time: 84 minutes 40 seconds
Distance: 14.94km
Approx Speed: 10.59 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 148
Google Ped: route

First long run for two weeks or so. Felt a lot better than previous long runs. Right knee is still a potential problem, it twinges as soon as I hit a small hill and need to drive hard with thigh muscles to get up the hill. Not at all sure what I should do about it. Hoping that I will get some strength back after being ill, and it will sort itself out.

Pretty happy to get the long run done - Wherever I read about training and preparation for a half or full marathon, they say 'distance is king' so I really need to get these long runs done over the shorter ones - and the the speed runs.

The pace I did is quite good. If I can manage around 10.5km/h it will get me across the finish line in just under 2 hours. So I will have to get a little quicker over the long distance to be able to achieve a 100 minute half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment