Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 21 April 2009
Time: 40 minutes 1 seconds
Distance: 8.5km
Approx Speed: 12.74 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 157
Google Ped: route

Today I did this run in a disorganised Fartlek style - Fartlek is 'speed play' and is effectively fast pace, recovery pace and normal mixed up in a semi random fashion. Essentially go fast for a bit, slow down to recover, run at normal pace for a while and when ready, repeat.

I ended up doing the run slightly faster than usual so that is pretty good. I have read that Fartlek training can help to improve the 'anaerobic threshold' as well as explore you limits and ability to recover after an elevated pace. In my case it is also possibly a way to get faster :)

No specific injury problems, felt pretty good. Slightly tender at start after the 90 minute / 17km run two days ago. I intend to do the Fartlek thing again tomorrow night and follow up the next night with an easy steady 40 minute run again. We are doing a 10km race on Sunday so I will have Friday, and Saturday off for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment