Sunday, April 5, 2009

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: 2 April 2009
Time: 44 minutes
Distance: 8.89km
Approx Speed: 12.1335 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 151
Google Ped: route

Being ill for 5 days, I missed the following:

- Sunday planned 1 hour 20 minute
- Tuesday 15 hill reps

I rejoined my running program on Thursday 2nd, and did the planned 50 minute run. Came up 6 minutes short as I felt pretty weak due to being ill for 5 days. I felt aerobically ok, but legs were weak, and slightly cramped.

Also, as I hit a hill I had a slight twinge in my right knee, felt exactly like the injury I had almost a year ago when I over-trained. So I immediately stopped running. I suspect that because of my being ill, muscles were weak, and so lead to the injury flaring up. Hopefully as I get strength back again I will improve and the injury will repair itself. I plan to avoid hills for the next few weeks as a precaution.

I am glad to be back, being ill was terribly frustrating. I am very surprised about how much condition I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment