Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 22 April 2009
Time: 40 minutes 1 seconds
Distance: mehkm
Approx Speed: meh kmh
Average Heart Rate: meh
Google Ped: meh


I intended to do a 'Fartlek' thing again tonight for a total of 40 minutes and for the first 33 minutes I did that.

I went out for the exact same distance as last night and at about the same speed. On the return leg I began to feel twinges in my left calf muscle. My calf muscles are very sore in general so I decided to stop and walk - One thing I have learned is to listen to what your body tells you, and I am certain that while the hard running last night and tonight were beneficial, it is just a little too much.

I did about 4.5km in almost exactly 20 minutes which is not too bad. I am getting faster but I have to be sensible and patient.

Also, I have decided that I would benefit from a few days rest so I will have a break Thursday, Friday and Saturday. My next run is a 10km race Sunday 26 April, where my aim is to break 50 minutes for the distance. I have done that before in a training run so I want to make it official on an accurately measured course with a timing system. I think it is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment