Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Planned run 15 hill reps

Date: May 26 2009
Time: meh
Distance: meh
Approx Speed: meh
Average Heart Rate: Max 168
Google Ped: meh

A slight variation on my planned runs this week. Typically the plan I have been following factors in a possible 10km race in the schedule and tapers a little leading up to the race. But the dates when the races are on are out by one week. So I have swapped next week's session with this week's. I am doing:

Tuesday: 15 hill reps ( done today )
Wednesday: 1 hour run easy
Thursday: 15 minute effort
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 15km Race


I found a small hill that is pretty easy, and Christine did the hills too. I ran pretty hard anyway, and managed to get my heart rate up to just under 170 several times. A decent effort, and I have no injuries to worry about right now.

I plan to do the 1 hour run tomorrow morning in a easy fartlek style just so I get a bit of pace into it.

I am gradually getting used to the early mornings. Also, legs are still pretty sore from the last 1oo minute run I did, mainly calves. They should be good by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment