Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Planned run 3km time trial

Date: 12 May 2009
Time: 14 minutes 04 seconds
Distance: 3.2064 km
Approx Speed: 13.68 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 156
Google Ped: route

I did a different route for this 3km time trial, it was three laps of the route as shown in the link above. So, instead of a continuous 3km as I have done in previous 3km runs, I had to stop and turn around twice, and the distance was slightly further at 3.2km's.

My average speed was slightly better than I have done previously, and I did in fact settle in and not push as hard as I had done in the last 3km TT's. I effectively went faster with less effort so feel my speed is improving.

Also, I wore my new water belt with approximately 850 grams extra weight on me for the first time this run. I hardly felt it so I am pretty happy with the belt. Now I will be able to do distance runs with no need to stop for water so frequently. I will easily get through 800ml of water in a 100 minute run, so I anticipate stopping at least once for water in my longer runs - To fill up the bottles.

I have recovered really well after the 20.5km run on Sunday, I have slight muscle soreness that was unnoticeable once I had warmed up. No injuries troubled me this run, so I am definitely getting stronger an fitter. I am also getting used to the early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment