Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 19 May 2009
Time: 40 minutes 36 seconds
Distance: 8.1399km
Approx Speed: 12.03 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 152
Google Ped: route

I took it very easy tonight. It is very pleasing to be able run at this pace and do it so easily, so I am making some good improvements I think. My legs are still a little sore from the last 20.5km run two days ago. I also did a cross training session at the gym yesterday, about one hour concentrating on upper body, chest arms back.

Tonight I ran in the rain, with a very strong breeze blowing. The wind was strong enough to cause the rain to blow almost horizontally when I gott to the waterfront. I wore a florescent rain coat that help me stay warm enough to carry on and it acted a lot like a a sail at times. It was a bit of a battle against the elements but I still managed a good pace. Heading south at one point along the route I ran straight into a strong headwind, and it was almost like running uphill, the hardest head wind I have ever encountered.

On the way back was quit bizarre, being propelled along by the tail wind. Tonight was a silly adventure, I hope not to have to run in weather like this again, but I suspect I will have to. Forecast for my local area is for an intensifying rain and heavy winds for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment