Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Planned run 60 minutes

Date: 4 May 2009
Time: 58 minutes 56 seconds
Distance: 11.0392 km
Approx Speed: 11.0392 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 147
Google Ped: route

Took this run a lot easier as I had done a 6x500m speed session the day before. I certainly felt the work from the speed runs, my legs were not exactly happy to do the 1 hour time. I am quite sore and the heart rate average does reflect the slow pace which turned out to be about 11km/h. Taking into account that I stopped twice for water and walked up one of the hills along this route, as well as the soreness and tiredness in my legs, the pace was ok.

I have realised that the training plan seems to be a cycle of build up/tear down where I do a week of speed and medium distances that seem to tear down, followed by a week of easy runs with medium / shorter distances to allow me to build up again. It does appear to be working, as I am steadily improving over both long distance and speed runs.

No bad injuries to report, but my right knee is still a potential problem. It started to hurt just a little along flat areas of the route I took, and twinged just enough on a small hill to make me stop and walk up. I am just being cautious as I really do not want to be held up with a bad injury. It seems when I am in good shape and well rested the problem is absent, so I think I am doing the right thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment