Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reasonably good ParkRun 5km race

I was well and truly expecting a fairly slow 5km. But I did a good one, a really good and quite easy 5km. I paced well for a change and while I still rested in the 4th km - as I have done done for quite a few - it was much quicker. I started easier but  finished quicker than usual.

I am really pleased with this run, particularly because I ran a hard 5km yesterday, and a the accumulated fatigue from all the hard gym work I have done all week.

I ended up matching my best 5km for the year, ever so slightly faster 20:51 this time. Its a good sign as I have a great deal of recovery to do. I will keep up the hard work and expect the strength and fitness gained to make a recovery.

Tomorrow I will do a whatever easy long run, not sure what it will end up being, just long and easy. This week, gym Monday hard legs, Tuesday 6km easy plus 12x30 fast. Wednesday, hard legs in Gym, Thursday easy 6 plus speed again.. Friday gym running club.

I have a friends bucks party Sat, 3 August, for me that will be very tame. And Brisbane running festival 10km race Sunday 4th..

Injuries great, hard gym work is making a HUGE impact to my running.

No comments:

Post a Comment