Thursday, March 5, 2009

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 4 March 2009
Time: 40 minutes 29 seconds
Distance: 8.0113
Approx Speed: 11.87 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 157
Google Ped: route

I _almost_ cracked 8km in 40 minutes. Went out faster than usual. It was a windy evening, a strong breeze from North. As I ran along the waterfront it was a good tail wind. When I turned 'round it was a hard headwind. It is quite noticeable.

Had a couple of hills on this route which slowed me down. I seem to handle them a whole lot better after doing a reasonably dedicated training schedule.

When I first started running around mid 2008, I used to go this exact route all the time. Back then it was a run/walk sequence and a lot of gasping. Now it is so much better. There is no doubt in my mind that I am making progress.

Seems like I am avoiding injuries so far too.

Next aim is to crack 10 kms in 50 minutes. At the pace I did here I think I can do it. My next distance run is a 1 hour duration so I will see how I hold up doing that. I expect to do around 10.5 to 11 kms. Friday is a speed run, 6x2 minutes with a standing rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment