Sunday, March 8, 2009

Planned run 60 minutes

Date: 8 March 2009
Time: 61 minutes 7 seconds
Distance: 11.4413
Approx Speed: 11.23 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 153
Google Ped: route

First hour long run today. Felt pretty good, but felt twinges in both heals. I anticipate that my heals will be the biggest problem injury wise.

I took off without a decent warm up and ended up with a cramp on the front of my right shin muscle. Stopped and did more intensive stretching for about 5 minutes and eventually it loosened up. I restarted the clock and took off again where I'd stopped, did a 1 hour run from there. So I did this route as a warm up.

From now on I will be doing 1 hour 20 minute runs on Sundays, eventually getting to 2 hour runs in a few weeks.

Including "warm up" I did a total distance of approximately 13km today. Only 8km more and I have a half marathon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment