Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Planned run 6x500m pace, 1 minute standing recovery

Date: 10 March 2009
Time: meh
Distance: meh
Approx Speed: meh
Average Heart Rate: 160 170
Google Ped: none

Christine had another 40 minute run so I did what I usually do for this sort of run - Stretched before jogging with Christine for her first 15 minutes. Then I did my 6x500 metres pace runs with a recovery of 1 minute standing. I then ran back to our tarting position with Christine. I am definitely able to pace out longer, and faster, so am improving with this type of run as well as my distance runs.

Felt a little sore in general after the 1 hour run plus 8-10 minute warm up a day ago but loosened up well after warming up. No new injuries, am icing my heals every evening now so as to try and minimise problems there.

I am getting to a stage where I am quite enjoying the running, and pursue 'personal best' runs every time I do a longer one. Am looking forward to a 40 minute run again this evening to see if I am able to better the almost exactly 8 kms I managed to do last time.

I still have to maintain discipline and stretch/warm up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment