Saturday, March 14, 2009

Planned run 4x1km with 50 second standing rest

Date: 13 March 2009
Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Distance: 0.8657 km x 4
Approx Speed: 14.84057 kmh
Average Heart Rate: 160-170
Google Ped: route

So according to gmap-pedometer, I did 860 metres in 3 minutes 30 seconds - The route I did has a slight incline, and I did the distance 3 min 30 seconds uphill and 3 min 20 down. That sounds about right. I did the distance 4 times, and the time did not vary at all. It was consistent - no slow down at the end which is good. I remember doing 400 metres in a little lest than 1 minute when I was in high school without any training at all. I am doing 400 metres in about 1 min 45 or so over the 860 metre distance. I think I need to get a better speed than that so that is something I need to work on.

I must have made an error when I used gmap-pedometer to work out the distance I needed to do before I ran - As the Title says, it was supposed to be 1 km. I am pretty sure I entered the same route but it showed just over 1 km yesterday. Yet today it shows 860 metres. I was little sceptical when I had done 1 km in about 3 min 30, I am not that fast!!

I felt pretty good after a days rest, muscles had recovered ok since the 1 hour run I had done last Sunday. I have a 1 hour 20 tomorrow which is going to be interesting. So far so good, no new injuries, and heals are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment