Thursday, February 4, 2010

Planned run 10 x 300m hills

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/23911039

I used this hill a couple of weeks ago and failed to do the full 10 repetitions. And I only had to walk recover. This run, I had to jog the recovery.

I was also still sore from the Sunday 1hour 10min run, the gym work I did on Monday night, and the run I did on Tuesday morning. So this session was really hard!! I managed to do the first five or or so running, but then did 4 where I had to walk the last 10 metres of the peak of the hill. I then did the last rep running fully. Comparing the previous hill session I went a whole lot slower in this one. I did take it easy speed wise, but the already sore legs made it much harder despite the slower pace.

All I can say is that it really pushed me physically, more so than I have ever done in a training session of this type. I write this the next day, and am pretty sore. I have a run tomorrow morning, a 40 min - I will try to keep the pace up for that run. I have a 1 hour 20 run Sunday and then next week is a easy recovery week. I think I will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment