Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 2 Feb 2010
Time: 40:09 min
Distance: 8.52 km

http://connect.garmin.com/player/23765402

Did this run in the AM Tuesday, after doing some strength work at the gym the night before. I did the following:

- Sit ups 4x15
- Leg presses in inclined 'squat' machine. Individual leg, 10 reps, increasing weight on each rep. Ended up at weight '11' so ten sets.
- 10 minutes on the cross trainer machine, managed to get heart rate up to 143.


I am a little sore from the inclined squat machine, and so had a pretty hard run today. Still managed a pretty good pace.

I need to do some more racing at some stage though I am not sure when I will get the chance. I am sticking to my training schedule and there are no short distances that co-incide with races on the calendar.

I have 10x300m hills tomorrow morning, with a jogging recovery. That will be hard as I will use the same hill as I did last time. And in that one I tanked at the 8th rep with a walking recovery!! I will try to do the full reps !!

No comments:

Post a Comment