Friday, February 12, 2010

Planned run 30 minutes

Date: 12 Feb 2010
Time: 30:02 min
Distance: 6.47 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/24494343


I did another hard gym session last night. This time I concentrated on leg curls and leg presses, pushing myself much harder than previously. I then did 20 minutes on the cross trainer, 'World' setting and level 25. It is quite a good machine I think, definitely works you pretty hard but avoids stressing joints.

The run itself was really good considering the work I did the night before. I pushed a bit harder on the hills, and managed a better average speed. I backed off in the last 1 to 2 kms. I certainly felt stronger today for sure.

The knee problem seems mostly under control. I am still worried what is going to happen when I stack on the mileage I need to do to build up for the full marathon. I am hoping the gym leg work will help in that regard.

I am going to run a BRR (Brisbane Road Runners) 16km race on Sunday morning, I feel I am up for it, and may even do a pretty good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment