Monday, February 1, 2010

Planned run 70 minutes

Date: 31 Jan 2010
Time: 69:08 min
Distance: 13.96 km


http://connect.garmin.com/activity/23597470

Good slow run Sunday afternoon/evening. Pace was faster early on, and I used a route with a lot more hills than I have recently been doing. That resulted in slowing me down a little. My pace drops off markedly when I hit the inclines and that is something I need to work on.

I will incorporate this route as often as possible from now on as I need to use hills in longer runs.

It also began to pour with rain with big winds blowing the rain sideways in the last 25 minutes or so of this run. That had a couple of effects, one was cooling me down. That was quite pleasant, as it was very hot and steamy. It also distracted me from pain that you generally have in a longer run. Finally it also filled my shoes with water, making them three times as heavy. All that resulted in me feeling very fresh, like I could go on for another hour or so. But the heavy shoes had an impact, making muscles around ankles feel it a bit so I was glad the run was nearly over.

I was also concerned about blistering, as I have heard that wet shoes can cause them. But I pulled up with no more blistering than I would have in a long dry run. That is another thing I seem to have been very fortunate about, I have yet to suffer badly from blistering. I must have lucked out on my choice of shoes.

Overall an interesting run and pretty good pace overall considering the circumstances. I have a gym session tonight were I will work on core strength and cross train a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment