Friday, February 5, 2010

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 5 Feb 2010
Time: 40:10 min
Distance: 8.12 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/23961859


After the hard runs I have done this week - The long Sunday run, hard gym work Monday, run Tuesday, hills Wednesday - I was quite sore today for this run.

I took off reasonably fresh, and headed for a route that includes a few hills. The first 3 km were fine because it is flat for 2k's and has a very small hill in the third. But the rest has a few bigger hills. The condition I am in lead to me being hit really hard by the hills, so I struggled to hold a good pace.

Quads and calves are really sore. Aerobically I felt ok, but I was pushing hard on the muscles.

Next week is an easier one, shorter runs and no hills - a recovery week, and I may need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment