Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 24 Feb 2010
Time: 42:37 min
Distance: 9.07 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/25433913

Another good honest 40 minute run, did slightly longer to count as a warm up. Heart rate was quite low, and I deliberately went at a slow pace. I let the hills work me again. My legs, particularly calves, and muscles around the ankles were quite sore during the run. That could be as a result of the hard gym session I did a day ago, or it could be related to the new shoes I am using. I need to give them time to wear in a little, as well as myself to get used to them. They feel like they force me on to my toes a little bit. That is not a bad thing at all.

I managed today to do an identical pace to the previous run, 4:56 min/km. I went about 1/2 km further and the heart rate was slightly lower at 147 bpm compared to yesterdays run where it was 148bpm. Hardly anything in it, at least I am consistent. I antisipate that this will be the pace that I will do the Marathon at.

No comments:

Post a Comment