Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First run with Issy

I took my 14 year old niece Issy out for a short run 16 March 2010. She asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could run with me, so I made up a small plan for three weeks just to introduce her to the 'joys' of exercise ;) Here is her recorded run:

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/27132236

Our initial plan is - for three weeks Issy and I are going to meet on Tuesday and Friday - 2 days a week. The first run we did today:

5 x 2 minutes jog, 1:30 walk

Isabella did that _so_ easily. She has a great natural running style, and has natural speed. She manages a 5 min/km pace effortlessly. First 2 minutes, averaged about 5 min/km, and the rest we made an effort to slow down. No need to work hard at all initially.

The next run Issy and I will do will be pretty much the same as today, and we plan to do it on Friday morning. I might extend the run to 3 minutes as Issy did 2 minutes so easily.

We did a total of 2.3 km's today. It was so much fun to spend a little time with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment