Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: 31 Mar 2010
Time: 51:31 min
Distance: 10:39 km

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/28479275

Another 'easy' run - I sought out as many hills as I could on this run, just to get a work out from them. I tried to surge up the hills rather than settle settle down and just survive the climb like I usually do.

On this run, it certainly was not as 'easy' as previous long easy runs, the hills make a big difference. My average speed was again near 5min/km at 4:57. My heart rate was way down again too at 145 average. That is an increase of 5 bpm compared previous slow runs, and the hills caused that.

This is also the first time I have used my foot pod to measure cadence in a run. It confirms what I have found using a metronome previously - My natural 'easy' cadence is 82-84 strides per minute.

Ultimately I aim to do a fast run using a cadence of about 90. I shall see what cadence I naturally do in an 'effort' run I have scheduled for Friday.

I would like to point out that I do not obsess about statistics and numbers when I run. It is all mostly about how I am feeling at the time that determines pace. It is just my geeky gratification when I am not running that motivates me to collect the data and obsess over it after the run is over :)

I am apparently a 'Software Engineer' after all!! At least in job description right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment