Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Planned run 40 minutes

Date: 3 Mar 2010
Time: 40:04 min
Distance: 8.66 km


http://connect.garmin.com/splits/25954275

This I think may be the fastest 40 minute run I have done in training. I went fast just because it felt ok. This is a bad habit, as I nearly always slow down substantially at the end of a run. I need to learn to pace properly, go slightly slower at the beginning.

The problem is that the pace I naturally reach is the one I did today in the first 6 km or so. I do think this pace is the right one, it is a good natural rhythm for me, and my breathing feels ok too. I think that given a bit more fitness and speed sessions I will eventually reach a point where my body is up to the task of holding that speed over a longer distance. The speed is generally about 4:20 min per km pace.

I have recovered quite well from the long run on Sunday, legs felt good, still ever so slightly sore. I have a 6 x 2 minute run on Friday, and a 1hour45 Sunday. Next week is a 3km TT, a 50minute run and a 10x30 speed session to sharpen up before a race on Sunday 21st March. I have entered the Twilight Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment