Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Planned run 50 minutes

Date: 8 June 2010
Time: 54:28 min
Distance: 10.23 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/36089418

This week is a recovery period, where I am supposed to do no fast running. For me after the last 3hr run on Sunday, this recovery week is certainly necessary. I did run too fast, and ended up very sore and fatigued.

The run today, I did as much as I could on grass to ease the pounding on my feet and joints. Running on grass helps me go slower and also causes me to lift feet slightly more than going slow on a smooth surface. That should be good for me too.

Heart rate average was 133BPM, and average pace 5:19min/km. Not exactly 5:30min/km pace or even slower as some pacing charts from famous running coaches suggest, but a good easy recovery run for me.

Injury wise, I have not accumulated anything new - The old left heel pains on hills occasionally, hurts when I am cold but completely disappears once warmed up, so no worse than it has ever been. The left knee problem flared a little this week too, felt a twinge as I began this run, but again it is no-where near as bad as it has been.

Overall a good way to be right now. Two more recovery runs this week and a 2:30:00 long run this Sunday. I plan to do that run easy for the first 2hrs and try to do my ultimate marathon race pace for the last 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment