Monday, June 21, 2010

Planned run 2 hours

Date: 20 June 2010
Time: 1:41:30 min
Distance: 20.84 km

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/37606646

Targeted 2 hours for this run, felt good and picked up the pace for a fast finish, but at 1:40 mark encountered my niece sitting alone in dark. I could not just leave her there so stopped and sat with her, eventually walked her home. She has been having arguments with mother, quite bad. No idea what to do about it.

It is irritating that this immature behaviour ( from both mother and daughter ) has knock on effects for everyone, including me. I hjave been training for this marathon for 6 months, and I do not need this sort of incident disrupting my training now. What these two do not realise is that their bad behaviour has a real effect on others, and they are being very selfish.

Anyway back to the running - I was feeling fresh enough at the time I had to stop to be doing 4:30min/km pace, picking it up from an easier 4:55 or so. I had run on the grass all the way, and that adds a little extra fatigue to the run, and I felt that. In fact overall I felt a quite flat compared the 30km race I did last Sunday - a week ago. That may be a good sign, and that I am making some recovery now which should be good for the race itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment