Friday, June 25, 2010

Planned run 6x2min speed with 30 second jog recovery

Date: 25 June 2010
Time: 15 min
Distance: 4 km

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/38072048

Garmin GPS watch had a brain explosion today, claims I did 889 metres in 2 minutes. Looking at the track it mapped out it seems it got the co-ordinates just a bit wrong.

Anyway this was a pretty good run for me, I managed all speed sections below 4min/km, and got a good workout from it. Lets hope the session makes the contribution to fitness I need for the race - theoretically this type of run is supposed to improve anaerobic capacity.

I am improving all the time in this taper period. No sign of any new injuries and the ones I have been carrying have come good lately. My last long run is in Sunday, 1hr 30. I plane to do it at about 5:00min/km pace, not too fast and not too slow. I want a nice comfortable run, and to feel refreshed and energised at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment